What we do
We want to help you and we know that law can be confusing. Hopefully this will help you have a better understanding of what we do.
The Ohio County Attorney’s office strives to support the county and bring justice to criminal issues. We prosecute criminal acts that occur within Ohio County as well as provide “civil” legal support to Ohio County government including:
- Providing support to law enforcement agencies in investigating crime.
- Prosecuting appropriate cases and decline those that are not.
- Providing quality legal representation and advice to other branches of Ohio County Government.
- Interacting with the State Legislature on initiatives, proposals, and significant issues.
- Making related decisions with the understanding that our course of action impacts lives.
In addition, we also collect:
- Child Support
- Delinquent Property Taxes
- Cold checks
What we don't do
We want to help you however we can, but there are some things that just aren't within our realm of services as the County Attorney's office.
The Ohio County Attorney in his official capacity does not do the following:
- Represent individuals or private groups in lawsuits, including dissolution of marriages or custody proceedings.
- Provide legal advice for individuals or private groups on any issue.
- Prepare wills, deeds, trusts, protection orders, or other legal documents for individuals or private groups.
- Investigate crimes, complaints, or child abuse. Please contact law enforcement or child protective services, in case of an emergency dial 911.